The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-for-profit organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State and a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communication Specialist
- ECEWS is implementing a project called Accelerating Control for HIV Epidemic Project (ACE) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in Akwa Ibom & Cross River States targeted at achieving epidemic control thereby reducing transmission and improving the quality of life of those living with HIV.
- US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is a funded project aimed at Delivering Comprehensive and Sustainable HIV/AIDS Clinical and Community Services to achieve HIV epidemic control in sub-National units of Delta, Osun and Ekiti States in Nigeria under PEPFAR and is in partnership with John Hopkins Programs for International Education on Gynecology and Obstetrics (Jhpiego) in implementing a four year USAID funded project titled “Momentum Country & Global Leadership (MCGL)” with the goal of addressing major contributors to maternal mortality and morbidity through the prevention and mitigation of the consequences of violence against women and girls (VAW/G) and possible drivers of child early and forced marriage (CEFM), Intimate Partner violence (IPV), Sexual Violence (SV), early adoption of family planning (FP).
- The Communications Specialist will manage all ECEWS internal and external communications of all projects and representing the project to external audiences.
- Support the development and implementation of internal and external communications strategies for the organization.
- Support maintenance of social media platforms, databases, and knowledge management systems
- Provide support towards content development for ECEWS ACE 5; Assist in the production of day-to-day content across all ECEWS communications platforms, focusing on the newsletter and digital content, website articles, blogs, press releases and updates and content for social media.
- In coordination with all ECEWS projects, develop regular communication material highlighting ACE 5 activities and achievements and/or engagements.
- Assist in rolling out media events such as press conferences/media briefings, external interviews with media houses, campaigns, etc.
- Draft, translate and disseminate media products (media advisories, press releases, brief notes, etc.).
- Development of communication materials for marketing and awareness-raising campaigns, including briefing materials and press releases in coordination with the ACE 5 project management team and ECEWS Senior leadership.
- Review of reference materials, identification of reference materials for retention and maintenance of information database and photo library.
- Take part in communication activities including information campaigns where applicable (World AIDS Day, etc.)
- In collaboration with other Program teams, assist in identifying and drafting success stories and compiling lessons learnt.
- Assist in implementing social media strategy and campaign, including content development, dialogue monitoring as well as feedback collection
- Updating and maintaining online platforms, support design of content including graphic designs for digital distribution.
- Content development and design of high-quality Information Education and Communication (IEC) materials, factsheets, and other publications.
- Deliver creative infographics and technical solutions for print, electronic and animated presentations.
Minimum Recruitment Standard
- Minimum of a BA / MA / MSc in Communications, or Business Computing, with Public Health Bias
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working in a similar role with a local or International Organization.
- Industry’s certification and membership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with strategic communication on HIV prevention, care and treatment
- Brand management and ability to create new ideas, products, including creative contributions
- Exceptional creative and adaptive writing skills that cut across writing and review of program reports, success stories, advocacy briefs and preparation of scene setters
- Design and graphics skill and ability to represent program results with graphics, messaging to diverse audiences, identification of the best-suited communication channels based on the target audience, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- Ability to work in a team under tight deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Very good mastery of English. The ability to understand and communicate in Efik, Igbo and Ibibio will be an added advantage.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications related to the tasks.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience working with local NGOs, INGOs and government bodies would be an advantage.
- Ability to pay meticulous attention to detail.
- Possess exceptional public speaking and writing skills.
- Expected to be a strategic thinker with meticulous attention to detail, working well under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Should be able to write, compile publications, plan events and prepare advocacy briefs.
- Responsible for developing quality and visually appealing presentations, content management for the ECEWS website and Social Media channels, communication materials through graphic design and web optimization solutions.
- The successful candidate must possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one-page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to the “Human Resources Unit” through: [email protected] using Your Full Name, Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ECEWS has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
- ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.