The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: CMR & Logistics Officer
Contract Type: 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Pay band: 4
- The purpose of this role is to support the safe handling in accordance with compliance standards, of confidential materials during the multiple exchanges in country/location.
- This includes movement and activities related to the primary storage area known as the Confidential Materials Room (CMR).
- Supports the functions of confidential materials handling and the Confidential Materials Room (CMR) to ensure British Council standards are met in set up and day to day operations.
- Receives and responds to enquiries from/to customers and may be a specific point of reference on queries relating to an area of nominated expertise or responsibility. Identifies where more complex issues require resolution by others and refers them on accordingly
- Carries out instructions and requests from Cluster operations and Operations Manager efficiently and effectively.
- Ensures adherence to CMR standards and management as set forth and carries out frequent random checks to proactively prevent issues from arising.
- Manages courier SLA/performance standards and builds relationship with courier service provider in country, so that quality of services and cost elements are in accordance with standards.
- Plans and prioritises own work activities, which span across a range of different work streams, responding to changing and at times competing requirements to ensure effective delivery of responsibilities over a weekly/monthly time horizon.
- University Degree in any subject or relevant qualification
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of and ability to deliver excellent standards of customer service
- Experience in identifying and minimising risk
- Experience in compliance environment
- Understanding and experience of risk and compliance management
- Track Record of working in a tightly controlled process driven environment.
- Experience of supporting delivery of computer-based exams
- English Language proficiency at C1 Level.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2022 (23:59 South Africa Time).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in country of application.
- Role could require weekend working or late shift required.
- Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.