The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a multinational and an independent non-profit organization. It is an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, and among other things. Since 1974, IFDC has focused on increasing and sustaining food security and agricultural productivity in over 100 developing countries through the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound technologies and agribusiness expertise.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Chief of Party for the Anticipated Feed the Future Nigeria Livestock Development Activity
Job ID: 20120834
Type of contract: Full Time International Position
Duration: 5 years
Expected Start Date: December 2022
Program: Feed the Future Nigeria Livestock Development Activity
Report to: Country Director
USAID Nigeria intends to publish a call for proposal towards the Feed the Future Nigeria Livestock Development Activity to solicit for a practical, cost effective, and multi-stakeholder adaptation solutions to improve livelihoods of poor and vulnerable communities in target states through:
- Improved ecological and environmental services and functions, including enhanced climate resilient, water and other resource management and supply systems in vulnerable agropastoral communities;
- Strengthened institutional capacity to reduce risks associated with climate-induced socio-economic losses and livelihood failures in the target states; and
- Improved and productive livestock systems to improve food security and nutrition by (potentially) improving consumption of animal source/protein foods, providing income generation opportunities, and fostering mutual relationships among targeted households and communities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the IFDC Nigeria Country Director, the successful candidate shall perform the following roles and responsibilities:
- Provide overall leadership, management and technical direction of the entire program to ensure an integrated vision and successful achievement of the objectives the FtF Nigeria Livestock Development Activity
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals and strategic vision
- Identify issues and risks related to the Activity implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate adjustments
- Serve as the primary liaison between USAID and all other counterparts, implementing partners, program stakeholders, national and regional policymakers and economic agencies, private sector entities, and IFDC on all program-related matters
- Provide guidance and monitoring for the Activity staff, ensuring clarity over the Activity plans while prioritizing and encouraging effective teamwork
- Submit timely, high quality Activity deliverables highlighting performances and impact
- Manage and oversee the development of the Activity from initiation to completion.
- Ensure compliance with local labor laws, USAID policies, and IFDC policies and procedures
- Manage the Activity within budget and maintain fiscal integrity
- Maintain internal and external as well as donor relationships as principal representative of the Activity.
- Perform other related tasks required by the Activity.
Required Qualifications and Skills
The desired candidate for this position should be a qualified professional with strong skills and competencies as described below:
- A minimum of Master’s Degree in any of the following fields: Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Livestock Production Systems, Animal Husbandry, Agribusiness, Development Management, or related programs
- At least 10 years of relevant management experience on USAID funded development Activity / project / program
- Experience as a Chief of Party, Team Leader or equivalent experience focused on agricultural production, livestock development, agroecology, livelihood development, nutrition, gender, youth, and/or resilience in Africa
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and manage challenging projects that engage diverse stakeholders
- Exceptional leadership, technical, and analytical skills, including the ability to interact effectively with government institutions, regional networks, and partner organizations
- Interpersonal experience
- Possess interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
Application Closing Date
5th October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online