Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Cashier
Duty Station: IOM Philippines Country Office (Manila)
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G-3
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 06 March 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall guidance of the Chief Migration Health Officer and the direct supervision of the Finance Assistant, the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for providing cashiering support to the IOM Manila Health Centre (MHC).
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Processes payment transactions for patients and ensure efficient operation, and complete reports as required. Perform cashier functions by accurately collecting payment, recording the transactions in appropriate organizational systems.
- Issue receipts, refunds or change due to applicants in accordance with the established procedures.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Complete all cash reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure cash box/safe vault safety at all times.
- Facilitate cash counts on daily basis and ensure proper records are filed.
- Maintain inventory of supplies necessary to ensure efficiency of operation.
- Comply with the MHC cashiering procedures and maintains knowledge of medical center, and IOM policies.
- Adhere to MHC confidentiality and -applicants rights policies.
- Comply with the MHC sanitation regulations and procedures.
- Ensure security of cashier workstation at all times.
- Serve applicants in a polite and efficient manner.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Accountancy, Business Administration, Commerce/Finance or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with one-year relevant professional experience as a Cashier, banker-related transactions; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High level of computer proficiency particularly in MS Excel, database and various reporting scheme.
- Previous working experience in web applications is an advantage.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with diverse professional backgrounds.
English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English and Filipino (oral and written) is required. Working knowledge of any Filipino regional languages desirable.
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – All IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these five values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
How to apply
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page), a résumé highlighting the required education and experience, and a duly completed IOM Personal History Form. To access the form, please visit this link (four pages).
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email@example.com not later than 06 March 2023. Position title and VN Number (VN 2023 006 – Cashier) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.