Heartland Alliance Ltd-Gte is a service-based human rights organization with a global heritage that is established under the laws of Nigeria with a mission to engage as a lead and global player with a variety of stakeholders to create access to opportunities and resources for comprehensive healthcare and social and economic justice for all.
Project BackgroundReports to: Senior Program Officer, Clinical Quality Assurance
Location(s): Agege & Ikorodu, Lagos
Persons Required: 2
Employment Type: Part Time
The incumbent will support the clinical team by implementing high-quality laboratory services at the State/Zonal/OSS level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide laboratory oversight in HALG site and adherence to standard laboratory protocols in the country program.
- Ensures that high quality of laboratory services is maintained at all HALG supported sites/centers within your jurisdiction.
- Performs basic laboratory assays CD4 tests, Hematology and Chemistry as well as other tests as required.
- Oversees laboratory services provision and ensures standard, and current practices are in place for maintaining high quality laboratory services and maximizing the use of all resources.
- Ensures compliance and implementation of laboratory protocols, and support other affiliated laboratory staff involved with the laboratory functions.
- Performs quality control checks and maintenance for the machine in the site lab, and other laboratory tests performed within the labs.
- Participates in inventory control management/CRRF preparation for laboratory supplies and reagents for supported site.
- Participate in EQA and proficiency testing activities.
- Performs other care, treatment and evaluation duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or competency required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Degree in Medical laboratory sciences from an accredited school.
- Valid License to practice as Medical Laboratory Scientist mandatory.
- Minimum of two years of successful laboratory management experience and ability to demonstrate thorough knowledge of the current principles and techniques surrounding the management of laboratory services.
- Experience of running/implementing public health programs preferably in the NGO context.
- Familiarity with standards and federal/state regulations affecting the laboratory and laboratory practices within a One Stop Shop (OSS) and Field Locations.
- Very good understanding and working knowledge of the health and HIV program priorities.
- Time Management – Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Cultural Sensitivity – Respects cultural environment in which person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory- Does not discriminate persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs or behavioral habits.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of Local Language preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in public speaking.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems, Power Point.
- Other software routinely used by Heartland Alliance.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee will be required to co-locate with local partners usually in the same office.
- The employee is required to travel regularly to often insecure and limited resource environments.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the Apply Now button below.