Position Title: Business Transformation Officer (Integration Design and Test)
Duty Station: Valencia, Spain
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 21 September 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is undertaking a Business Transformation (BT) process, a priority driven by IOM’s Internal Governance Framework (IGF) reform. The BT is a business-driven initiative, underpinned by the implementation of the Oracle Cloud ERP platform and related technologies. The process scope of the BT includes budget and finance, programme/project management, supply chain management, human capital management, contracts, governance/risk/compliance, and donor relationship management.
Under the direct supervision of the Stream Lead of Technical Integration and Data Management and in coordination with the BT Leadership Team and the PMO, the Business Transformation Officer (Integration Design and Test) be responsible for coordinating the design, development and delivery of Enterprise Application Integration objects, interfaces, and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) customizations.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Manage the technical consultants and/or contractor resources responsible for realizing the Enterprise Application Integration requirements and interdependent solutions.
- Coordinate the design and review integration objects and end-to-end interfaces between the ERP solutions and all interdependent systems/data sources in accordance with the Enterprise Integration Application strategy.
- Ensure that development and integration objects/products produced adhere to best practices,are tuned for optimal performance and meet agreed acceptance criteria.
- Identify and document all integration dependencies between PRISM, PRIMA, BEACON, MiMOSA, Treasury, MyIOM, and external data providers, applications, reporting environments, and any other interdependencies, and ensure that the net set of interfaces is optimized to reduce redundancy and duplicate interface development.
- Coordinate the design and review ERP customizations – screen extensions, reports, dashboards, visualizations, and other development objects.
- Assess and review business requirements and produce functional requirements, technical design documentation, prototypes, integration test scenarios and scripts as needed to support the realization and acceptance of the above artifacts.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Management, Business Administration, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- At least five years progressive technical experience working on ERP systems;
- Experience performing integration work between ERP and internal/external systems and datasources;
- Experience creating ERP extensions and customizations;
- Experience as a full-stack developer;
- Experience working with Oracle Integration Cloud and Oracle Visual Builder would be anadvantage;
- First-hand experience with an ERP solution is required; knowledge of multiple ERP modules (HR, Finance, Procurement) would be an advantage;
- Experience in Agile or Iterative Development is desirable; and,
- Work experience in the UN system will be an asset.
- Knowledge of message encryption and message level security;
- Demonstrated ability to quickly create low and high-fidelity mock-ups, application prototypes and test integrations;
- Proven ability to create robust application integrations and interfaces;
- Knowledge of core ERP Financials and HRM modules;
- Knowledge of API management, process orchestration and end-point security;
- Demonstrated ability to liaise effectively with internal technical and business stakeholders; and,
- Ability to coordinate a team comprising internal resources, consultants, and system integrators(contractors).
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications HERE, by 21 September 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: VN 2022 287 Business Transformation Officer (Integration Design and Test) (P3) Valencia, Spain (57735191) Released
Posting: Posting NC57735192 (57735192) Released