Position Title: Business Transformation Officer (Data Migration Execution and Test)
Duty Station: Manila, Philippines
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 21 February 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is undertaking a Business Transformation (BT) process, a priority driven by IOM’s Internal Governance Framework (IGF) reform. The BT is a business-driven initiative, underpinned by the implementation of the Oracle Cloud ERP platform (migrating from SAP ECC 6) and related technologies. The process scope of the BT includes budget and finance, programme/project management, supply chain management, human capital management, contracts, governance/risk/compliance, and donor relationship management.
Under the direct supervision of the Data Migration Lead and in coordination with the BT
Leadership Team and the PMO and the administrative supervision of Director of Manila
Administrative Center (MAC), the Business Transformation Officer (Data Migration Execution and Test) will be responsible for managing the BT Team (based in Manila), with the focus on data migration coordination activities in Manila including tasks performed by the local PRISM Team and Technical Data Specialists involved in the process, and overall responsible for data migration execution and test cycles.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- In coordination with the Data Migration Lead, establish and manage data migration work plans for the Manila-based Team comprising of: the BT Data Migration Support Team, and PRISM / SAP and Technical Data Specialists.
- Assign tasks to individual BT Data Migration Support Team members and manage their delivery.
- Manage the Manila-Team work schedule and associated issues and risks.
- Ensure agreed processes are followed by the Manila Team monitoring steps to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Provide functional and technical guidance to the Manila Team members in the realization of their data migration deliverables.
- Collaborate with Data Migration Lead, BT Stream Leads, Business Analysts, other subject matter experts and the Manila Team to ensure the scope of source data and associated requirements for migration, archiving, and data preparation activities are comprehensively defined and understood for each stream
- Report data quality issues and proposed business/mission led remediation plans to stakeholders (data migration lead, related BT stream leads and business analysts)
- Oversee manual data cleanup activities in PRISM and the preparation and upload of cleaned data to PRISM to address data quality issues
- Support and coordinate with stream leads, business analysts and business representatives in the preparation of communications and guidance for data cleanup
- Ensure procedures are in place to perform consistent data review, assessment, cleaning, enrichment and transformation in order to populate Oracle-provided data load templates at the level of quality and completeness required for loading into Oracle in alignment with the Oracle to-be design.
- Determine standards for automated scripts and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) used to populate Oracle-provided templates in a repeatable, controllable manner. Ensure these are adhered to by team members in their realization of deliverables
- Manage and support the creation of master data in Oracle where corresponding data does not exist within the PRIMA/PRISM scope.
- Ensure mechanisms are in place to validate, troubleshoot and correct errors in Oracle load templates, and to ensure data traceability to source systems.
- Oversee the end-to-end processes of extraction through load validation for all cycles of mock and final data load into Oracle.
- Provide regular progress reports to the Data Migration Lead.
- Provide administrative supervision to BT Team members in MAC.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Data Science, Computer Science, Information Management, Business Administration, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or,
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- At least five years (seven years for bachelor’s degree holder) progressive technical experience working on ERP systems;
- Experience performing integration work between ERP and internal/external systems and data sources;
- Experience creating ERP extensions and customizations;
- Experience as a full-stack developer;
- Experience working with Oracle Integration Cloud and Oracle Visual Builder would be an advantage;
- Experience programming in an SAP environment would be an advantage;
- First-hand experience with an ERP solution is required; knowledge of multiple ERP modules (HR, Finance, Procurement) would be an advantage;
- Experience in Agile or Iterative Development is desirable; and,
- Work experience in the UN system will be an asset.
- Knowledge of message encryption and message level security;
- Demonstrated ability to quickly create low and high-fidelity mock-ups, application prototypes and test integrations;
- Proven ability to create robust application integrations and interfaces;
- Knowledge of core ERP Financials and HRM modules;
- Knowledge of API management, process orchestration and end-point security;
- Demonstrated ability to liaise effectively with internal technical and business stakeholders; and,
- Ability to coordinate a team comprising internal resources, consultants, and system integrators(contractors).
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of either French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these five values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the Organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their leadership and professional potential.
- Empowering others: Creates an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Building Trust: Promotes shared values and creates an atmosphere of trust and honesty.
- Strategic thinking and vision: Works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Humility: Leads with humility and shows openness to acknowledging own shortcomings.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications HERE via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 21 February 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: VN 2023 33 Business Transformation Officer (Data Migration Execution and Test) (P3)
Manila, Philippines (57963528) Released
Posting: Posting NC57963529 (57963529) Released