The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Support Assistant G4 (Information Technology)
Requisition ID: 171782
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Employment Typ: Fixed Term
- Under the supervision and guidance of the Head of IT /SCOPE Unit, Damaturu Sub-Office, the IT Business Support Assistant will be responsible for the management of IT, Telecom and SCOPE assets, properly accounting for them at all times.
- The incubent will work closely with the IT Associate, serving as a backup whenever needed. She or he will also support to resolve client complaints while providing technical guidance and training as required.
- Other functions of the incumbent will include serving as focal person for budgeting and facilitating the procurement of all IT related equipment at the Sub-Office, maintain contingency stock of new equipment and prepare for them deployment where and when the need arises. She or he will also support the setup and connection of conferencing tools like MS Teams in conference rooms, and will deploy and manage IT services like CUG SIMs and portable internet devices normally assigned to staff.
- To deliver standard software and hardware support services, as well as monitoring and maintaining a wide range of information sources, to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.
Key Accountabilities (Not All-Inclusive)
- Install and configure new computer hardware for improving and upgrading system performance; support any technology upgrades as required.
- Respond to queries from users, understanding and resolving issues but escalating if required, providing advice and ensuring IT policies, procedures, systems and tools are correctly applied to support them.
- Support and maintain inventory of all IT, TC, and SCOPE assets including kits loaned to WFP contracted retailers, computers, mobile phones, POS terminals, etc.
- Assist in installing and performing routine maintenance on power equipment such as inverters,UPSes, batteries, solar kits, etc.
- Monitor technology reliability, identify user needs, analyse data and produce accurate reports in order to recommend IT solutions to support informative decision-making.
- Implement improvements to methods and processes within the IT division in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services provided.
- Collaborate with other colleagues to ensure individual and team objectives are met in compliance with all relevant regulations and policies.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
- Other as required.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- A minimum of Secondary School Education with additional years of related work experience or trainings.
- Fluency (level C) in English language. Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri local languages is desirable.
Desired Experiences For Entry Into The Role:
A minimum of 2 years relevant professional experience is required in the following:
- Manage Complaints: Resolve queries independently, escalating if required, to ensure that standard IT questions are answered, and accurate information is provided to staff timely.
- Systems Support: Carry out system and hardware maintenance tasks, such system protection monitoring to ensure systems are running effectively.
- Budgeting and Procurement: Serve as focal point for Micro Purchase order (MPO), initiating procurement of all technical equipment and ensuring supply of equipment meet technical specifications.
- Capacity Strengthening: Provide guidance and training to clients in the delivery of IT support services to support the staff capacity building.
- Emergency Preparedness: Maintain a contingency stock of new equipment and prepare for deployment where and when the need arises.
- Asset Management: Maintain and regularly update list of IT /SCOPE equipment issued internally, and to external partners. Maintain and regularly updating inventory in WFP corporate platform – GEMS.
- IT Services Delivery: Support the management and assignment of corporate IT service delivery tools like internet dongles, CUG and Data SIMs at the SO level.
- User Support: Serve as back up for the IT Operations Associate providing user support as required.
- Conferencing: Support the set-up of conference meeting tools like MS Teams, Zoom, etc whenever required in the conference rooms.
Application Closing Date
26th September, 2022 (11:59 PM GMT + 1).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only Nigerian nationals are eligible to apply for this position.
- Applications are to be submitted and received online and in English language only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing is strictly prohibited. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
- The selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year.
- WFP offers an attractive compensation package.