The African Leadership Group is not a registered legal entity but an ecosystem of legally independent entities with a shared vision for transforming Africa by developing three million ethical, entrepreneurial leaders.
- Location Lagos
The Room our talent placement arm, is a community that our young talent join to access global work opportunities. To learn more about us, please read this article about why we launched The Room & this article about the impact of our development programs on African youth. View this pitch deck to see how we present ourselves to employers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for driving our sales efforts in support of revenue growth in your defined territory. You will develop a strategy for securing accounts with employer partners that want to hire our talent. You will own the end-to-end sales funnel from prospecting to closing, and create/execute our strategy to drive revenue from companies.
As the Business Development Manager, you will:
- Develop and nurture relationships within accounts in your territory
- Exceed monthly/quarterly sales targets by driving new opportunities and selling new products into existing accounts
- Generate short-term results whilst maintaining a long-term perspective to improve overall revenue generation
- Align closely with Marketing to ensure you are focused on the “best fit” customers and that all content, sales collateral and demand generation efforts are serving our customer goals.
- Work with Sales Development Reps assigned to your territory to prioritize opportunities and apply appropriate resources
- Demonstrate/sell value to key stakeholders within the accounts during sales cycles
- Exceed activity, pipeline, and revenue goals on a quarterly basis
- Track all opportunity and customer details including use case, purchase timeframes, next steps, and forecasting in our CRM
- Partner with customer success to ensure high satisfaction within your accounts
ROLE REQUIREMENTS: MUST- HAVE
- +5 years of experience in (for profit) B2B business development sales role
- A proven history of meeting and exceeding quota
- Experience selling to VP, Group Exec. and C level executives
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with tech stack tools and how to use them to your advantage
- Team-selling experience
- Demonstrated ability to work under uncertainty and bring structure in chaos
- Proactivity, resourcefulness and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, flexible, and entrepreneurial environment. Ability to work independently
ROLE REQUIREMENTS: SHOULD-HAVE
- Extensive network in the business community
- Experience in the recruitment, staffing or talent placement industries
- Strong analytical and process skills. Ability to build and generate reports and distill insights to drive strategy. We make data-driven decisions and expect a high degree of comfort with numbers. Ability to follow a tight sales process and adhere to that in the selling cycle
ROLE REQUIREMENTS: NICE-TO-HAVE
- Demonstrated ability to learn from experimentation and testing
- Experience and/or passion for new technologies and for closing the digital skills gap in the continent (and creating work opportunities for African youth in doing so!)
YOU WILL LOVE WORKING WITH US IF YOU…
- Initiative & Courage: You have an owners’ approach and you are proactive with what needs to be done; you also embrace risks and failure
- Humility & Adaptability: You have a beginners’ mindset and you always seek to learn; you are also flexible and embrace pivoting
- Possibility & Adventure: You are passionate about life, you have a growth mindset and you can thrive on uncertain circumstances and uncharted territory
- Resilience: You tackle difficult situations with a can-do attitude and are relentless in the pursuit of your goals
- Thrive in ambiguity: You can make decisions, and motivate others during times of uncertainty, incomplete information, and change.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to African Leadership Group on boards.greenhouse.io to apply