Position Title: BT Test Lead (Business Transformation)
Duty Station: Valencia, Spain
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade UG
Type of Appointment: Special short-term ungraded, nine months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 10 January 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is undertaking a Business Transformation (BT) process, a priority driven by IOM’s Internal Governance Framework (IGF) reform. The BT is a business-driven initiative, underpinned by the implementation of the Oracle Cloud ERP platform and related technologies. The process scope of the BT includes budget and finance, programme/project management, supply chain management, human capital management, contracts, governance/risk/compliance, and donor relationship management.
Under the direct supervision of the Integration Lead and in coordination with the BT Leadership Team and the PMO, the incumbent will be responsible for the formulation and execution of the ERP test strategy, final validation plan, test plan, test scenarios, test cases and test reporting.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Manage the internal feedback, review and approval process of Oracle’s System Validation Strategy approach and document.
- Manage the review and acceptance of all System Integrator test deliverables, including but not limited to Unit, System, Integration and Performance Test documentation (test plans, test cases, scripts, test documentation, test reporting, error handling).
- Working with Oracle and BT streams, define the test scenarios for System Integration Testing (SIT). Responsible for the development of test scripts and system preparation for integration testing with IOM-internal and other external integrations, coordinating with Oracle. Consult, review and accept test scripts developed by Oracle for Oracle-internal integration testing, ensuring traceability back to initial requirements.
- Working with Oracle and BT streams, define the test scenarios for Validation/UserAcceptance Testing (UAT). Consult, review and accept test scripts developed by Oracle for Oracle-internal integration testing, ensuring traceability back to initial requirements.
- Responsible for the design, documentation and setup for management of all aspects of testing preparation, execution and remediation activities, including requirements and coordination of the setup of the technical test environment, applicable tools and test data creation/management.
- Work with the BT PMO to configure the Zephyr plug-in to Jira (or other system as directed) and implement test scenarios/scripts to be tested for SIT and UAT.
- Consult with BT leadership and streams to determine the list of testers for each process area; manage the process of recruiting and preparing testers (Oracle will provide Key User Training on the solution; Test Lead to teach testers how to execute tests and record results).
- Manage the preparation and logistics for the execution of SIT and UAT. Manage test execution to ensure testing occurs per the require schedule and remains focused on the testing scope.
- Provide quality assurance over recorded test results, especially for failed/deviated tests, including the adjudication (with the Design Authority and other relevant stakeholders) of Criticality ratings of defects and other exceptions.
- Work with Oracle to define an agreed defect remediation and retest plan per the rules established with Oracle; support the team as necessary to achieve the prompt closure of critical/blocking defects.
- Provide a Test summary report after each testing cycle. This report will contain details of the test cases, results obtained, bugs fixed and the current test status of the project.
- Work with the Support team/contractor (TBD) to develop and implement a Selenium-based automated testing approach to support regression testing for quarterly updates, emphasizing the validation of IOM customizations and extensions.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Management, Business Administration, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Software testing professional certification will be an asset;
- Knowledge and experience working with JIRA, Zephyr, and automated testing tools (such as Selenium)
- At least five years of experience in ERP projects in the roles as defined above;
- At least five years of experience working in a similar role on the Oracle ERP modules;
- Work experience in the UN system (staff, contractor or consultant) strongly desired.
- Minimum one large-scale ERP project performing a similar or higher project management role; with a strong preference for Cloud ERP implementation;
- Knowledge of multiple ERP business domains (HR, Procurement, Finance) would be an advantage;
- Excellent understanding of software Quality Assurance principles and processes;
- Excellent skills in coordination and synchronization of work schedules and standards;
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with business and technical teams;
- Proficient in the use of performance test and analysis tools;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile. Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications HERE via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 10 January 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: CFA 2022 60 BT Test Lead (Business Transformation) (UG) Valencia, Spain (57883321) Released
Posting: Posting NC57883322 (57883322) Released