Under the direct supervision of the Migrant Protection and Assistance Head of Unit, having in mind the potential migrants’ needs, the incumbent will promote dialogue and exchange views, provide counselling services to migrants, partner agencies and other institutions concerned, assist and organise assisted voluntary return activities. In addition, the incumbent will assist with the implementation of other projects related to AVRR.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
VOLUNTARY RETURN ACTIVITIES
- Prepare and follow up all the application files in the appropriate databases;
- Organize and co-ordinate all pre-departure formalities, such as liaison with partners, allowances, reception of travel documents, flight bookings, and airport departure;
3. Provide AVRR counselling services to potential beneficiaries in Belgium, on existing voluntary return projects and, when applicable, on available reintegration opportunities in the countries of origin of the beneficiaries;
4. Coordinate the reintegration assistance with the IOM missions in the countries of origin;
5. Assist in providing information to IOM’s partner network in Belgium to promote AVRR;
6. Assist in delivering information sessions on AVRR to stakeholders likely to be in touch with potential beneficiaries, including but not limited to, social services, reception centres, hospitals and governmental counterparts;
7. Maintain and promote good working relations with embassies and consulates to collect information and promote co-operation with a view to facilitate the issuance of travel documents and/or visas;
8. Assist in establishing technical information on each country’s procedures and specifics (travel documents, consulate opening hours, etc.) to compile and update Country Information Sheets;
9. Contribute to the development of promotional/information materials on the return and reintegration activities;
10. Participate in joint monitoring missions on individual reintegration assistance in selected countries, if and when required;
COMPLEMENTARY AVRR PROJECT ACTIVITIES
11. Assist the AVRR Team Leader and Project Manager in coordinating and implementing complementary reintegration project activities in Belgium and in the Countries of Origin, ensuring that the project log frame and plan of action are followed;
12. Assist in producing multi-media content, using videos, podcasts, infographics and other media channels as appropriate, to effectively inform and communicate on the project activities; Assist in stimulating positive online content on multiple digital platforms in coordination with relevant colleagues;
13. Assist in developing project information materials, including newsletters, social media content, return stories, etc.
14. Assist in organizing events and meetings per project’s plan of action;
15. Assist in project auditing and evaluation exercises;
16. Assist in drafting donor reporting;
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Assistance, Social Work, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; OR
• High School Degree with four years of relevant professional experience in Social Work and Welfare, or related fields.
• Experience in (IOM) AVRR projects and reintegration assistance;
• Experience with migrant populations on direct assistance;
• Experience in the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and data analysis;
• In depth knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization; and,
• Good knowledge of information and communication tools such as Mailchimp, Canva and Adobe Premiere Pro.
Fluency in French, Dutch and English is required.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications –Questionnaire on Mandatory Requirements (p. 5), CV and Cover Letter– to IOMBrusselsApplications@iom.int by 29 November 2022 at 23:59h Brussels time, referring to this advertisement in the subject line (SVN 2022-47).
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable. As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, candidates will be requested to provide evidence of vaccination against COVID-19.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Belgium will be eligible for consideration.