UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency is recruiting an Associate PSP Officer (Gift-in-Kind), UNOPS IICA-1 position within the Private Partnerships and Philanthropy Section, Private Sector Partnerships Service.
UNHCR is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people. Every year, millions of men, women and children are forced to flee their homes to escape conflict and persecution. We are in over 130 countries, using our expertise to protect and care for millions. UNHCR is almost entirely funded by voluntary contributions from governments and private donors.
Title: Associate PSP Officer (Gift-in-Kind)
Duty Station: Copenhagen, Denmark
Duration: 15 October – 31 December 2022 (with possibility of extension)
Contract Type: UNOPS International Specialist, Level IICA – 2 (UNOPS Local ICA Specialist, Level LICA-9)
Closing date: 4th October 2022
The The primary purpose of the UNHCR Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) is to generate income from individual donors, corporates and foundations, in order to sustain UNHCR activities worldwide. Contributions to UNHCR’s work from gifts in kind (GIK) are a growing and an integrated part of UNCHR’s work with the private sector. Private Partnerships and Philanthropy’s priority is to streamline and increase its capacity to receive this support.
Purpose and Scope
Under the supervision of the Senior PPH Officer for Gift-In-Kind, the PSP Officer (GIK) will help on knowledge management activities and managing the portfolio of gifts in kind received by UNHCR.
Duties and responsibilities
- Day-to-day contributions management: supporting the donations through the GIK process including logistics facilitation, tracking, and income recording
- Income recording: Calculate total donation value including transport values, guide field through DONIK Requisition creation, create DONIK Purchase Orders (POs) and request CDs
- Logistics: Gather logistical requirements, solicit and share shipping documents, track shipments and ETAs, trouble-shoot when required
- Coordinate with donors to prioritize shipments, ensure all documentation is shared and get shipping documents
- Update GIK SharePoint sites and Salesforce as necessary
- Develop webinars for field colleagues as required and drive initiatives for information sharing and change management
- Evaluate donor offers of GIK, solicit technical clearance, and Request Fair Market Values (FMVs)
- Gather information on demand for in-kind donations and write GIK Opportunity Packs, as needed
- Develop and give webinars to field colleagues about logistical aspects of upcoming donations
- Support oversight of UNHCR’s demand for GIK globally and soliciting GIK orders from field offices
- Manage allocations of cash contributions related to in-kind donations
- Maintain depository of GIK needs, approved technical specifications and standard fair market values
- Guide colleagues on GIK processes
- Other duties as assigned
Essential minimum qualifications and professional experience required
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications.
Degree or postgraduate degree in logistics, social sciences, business administration, international relations or other relevant degree
- Minimum 3 years (2 with a master’s degree) of relevant job experience to the function with an exposure to provision of support services in an international organization, preferably with at least 1 year at the equivalent to an IICA1 (or P2 equivalent) grade in the UN system;
- Proven ability to deal with multiple tasks in a service-oriented manner in demanding working conditions that often have short deadlines;
- Proven ability to drive projects and take initiative;
- Experience coordinating and collaborating across divisions;
- Experience using PeopleSoft inventory and supply chain modules would be an advantage (or equivalent in a similar ERP system);
- Field experience with humanitarian organizations would be an advantage;
- Experience in knowledge management would be an advantage;
- Experience in logistics facilitation and support preferred;
- Experience in fundraising or managing partnerships with corporations and/or foundations is an asset;
- Experience using SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, and Salesforce (Desired)
- Experience creating Purchase Orders and/or Purchase Requisitions in the finance and supply module of UNHCR’s MSRP database (Desired)
- Experience in BI, data handling and presentation would be an advantage
- Key Competencies
- Hands-on, happy to help, flexible attitude
- Pays attention to detail while also being cognizant of the big picture
- Critical thinking and logical reasoning skills
- Fluency and solid writing skills in English
- Ability to accurately transfer and record information and to organize and maintain clear filing systems
- Fluent level of written and spoken English
- Good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Great team worker and experience of communicating with colleagues in different physical locations
- Good communicator with strong interpersonal and negotiation skills to deal with persons of different cultural and educational backgrounds;
The successful candidate will be based in Copenhagen, Denmark.
This position is initially up to the end of the year with possibility of extension. It is a full-time role starting from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday (40 hours per week).
How to apply
For a full job description and to apply, interested candidates are requested to visit https://bit.ly/3Sifuyx
This vacancy is open both for applicants residing in Denmark and for those residents of other countries. The remuneration level and the applicable entitlements and benefits may be different based on the residence of the most suitable selected candidate.
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Closing date of receipt of application: 04 October 2022 midnight CEST