The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate, Programme Monitoring and Improvement
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration: 60 Months
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Classification: D3 – Associate
Travel Work required: Up to 40%
- The (Catalyzing Strengthened Policy Action for Healthy CASCADEs and Resilience) CASCADE programme goal is to improve food security and contribute to the reduction of malnutrition of at least 5 million women of reproductive age and children under 5 in Nigeria.
- The programme has two strategic objectives: it aims to increase access to and consumption of healthy CASCADEs, as well as increasing the resilience of households to economic and climate change-related shocks with a focus on women of reproductive age and children.
- The programme will galvanise government, business, and communities around 5 domains: Policy changes and accountability; Reengineering markets and mobilising private sector; Transforming cultural norms and practices; Taking a gender transformative approach; Systematising data and learning for policy.
- GAIN is seeking an Associate in the Nigeria Country Office for this exciting opportunity. The Associate will support the implementation of specific project activities including capacity building, partnerships management and reporting. In addition, this position will report directly to the Programme Monitoring and Improvement Manager.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Programme and Monitoring Improvement:
- In collaboration with project teams, PMI team and the Knowledge Leadership (KL) and Programme Services (PST) teams support the development of results frameworks/logical frameworks and monitoring plans, as well as the uptake and use of monitoring tools.
- Quality assure and oversee the collection of routine monitoring data by implementing agencies and governments to track progress of program activities towards objectives.
- Carry out field visits as required to ensure that program progress is on track.
- Review and analyze data and prepare reports on monitoring indicators.
- Contribute to analysis of information collected and support all dissemination efforts including writing reports, learning briefs and other materials.
- Support dissemination of results to appropriate audience, interpretation of data and follow-up / corrective action.
- Support the drafting of reports for GAIN, donors and other partners on program activities, as needed.
- Contribute to keeping the project manager, and PMI manager regularly updated on project status (on track or off track) with critical analyses and possible solutions to challenges based on interactions with partner organizations.
- Lead on the appropriate completion and systematic storage for the project documents as well as datasets and assessment specific documentation.
- Support and participate in diverse activities to support sharing learnings, under the guidance of the PMI Manager.
- Work collaboratively with the project team members to ensure necessary program planning, monitoring and improvement functions smoothly and efficiently.
- Support work with selected implementation partners in country on all aspects of the project planning and implementation including technical (finalizing protocols, data collection tools, conducting trainings, supervising field work), process (implementation plan development and monitoring, tracking deliverables).
- Provide support for research studies and/or evaluations (as needed).
Key Organizational Relationships
- Reports directly to the Manager, Program Monitoring and Improvement.
- Works closely with the project teams as well as the KL and PST teams.
- Liaises regularly with partners, government and other external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree level in Nutrition, Public Health, Data Sciences, Development Studies, Statistics or related field.
- Master’s in a relevant field an asset.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Proactive with a commitment to quality and accuracy with close attention to detail.
- Analytical with the ability to effectively liaise with research agencies and government offices.
- Able to prioritize, multi-task, work independently, and work well under pressure with frequent deadlines.
- Pragmatic, dynamic and autonomous in style.
- Willingness and ability to work in a multi-cultural, high pressure, results-driven environment
- Computer literacy with excellent MS office (especially Excel and Access) and expertise in dedicated statistical software and tools
- Experience in the public health and/or nutrition sector, implementing monitoring, and improvements frameworks supporting operations and participatory research
- Supporting implementing partners and operationalization of result frameworks and monitoring plans.
- Relevant experience in analyzing data, tracking indicators, and developing and/or strengthening performance monitoring systems.
- Experience in creating an interactive dashboard for visualization using Tableau, Power Bi or Excel
- Expertise in data management and analysis tools and software is an asset
- Willingness and ability to travel in country.
- Fluency in English
What GAIN Offers
- Flexible working hours
- Friendly working environment
- Professional development opportunities
NGN 6,897,828 – NGN 7,876,788 / Annum, depending on experience.
Application Closing Date
11th August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online