Reference Number: 230164
Position Level: NS 1
Department: Information Technology Department
Division: Infrastructure and Technology Division, ITD
Location: Asian Development Bank Headquarters
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 11, 2023
Closing Date: Tuesday, April 25, 2023 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position reports to Infrastructure and Technology Operations Division (ITID) within the Information Technology Department (ITD). ITD enables ADB’s digital agenda and supports the Bank’s global operations. The department delivers digital innovation, IT infrastructure, services and solutions, and provides tools and knowledge platforms to 6000+ users in ADB’s Headquarters and 40+ field offices (FOs) in Asia and the Pacific.ITID is responsible for the design, governance, implementation, maintenance, and day-to-day operations of ADB’s technology infrastructure, platforms, security and associated systems. This division works to ensure that the bank’s production technology systems are operational and available to the people of ADB and continually monitors the bank’s infrastructure and applications for potential security threats and breaches. This division also stays abreast of the latest developments in end-user devices, mobility, and technology architecture to ensure ADB is taking advantage of the latest technologies when it makes business sense.The position reports to designated International Staff and senior National Staff.
The (Associate) IT Officer (Videoconference Engineering) is responsible for managing a technical team and the solution engineering of online conferencing systems used by ADB. This includes desktop/mobile conferencing solutions, meeting room solutions, Board Room solutions and hybrid event solutions. The incumbent will report to Principal IT Specialist (Unified Communications & Networks), ITID and will work closely with business and other divisions across ITD.
- Manage and lead the VC Engineering team responsible for the engineering and operation of online conferencing solution used by ADB across its meeting rooms, VIPs, and boardroom meetings.
- Supervise and manage the team, yearly workplan, and daily issues. Take lead in troubleshooting issues and getting to the root cause.
- Work with other divisions across ITID in issues and solutions related to automating, simplifying, and operating the online conferencing solution across the bank.
- Function as the technical advisor for emerging online conferencing solutions and vendor landscape.
- Lead the documentation and operations guide necessary for supporting the technical solutions.
- Supervise the team assignment and support critical meetings for VIPs and Boardroom ICT operations.
- Plan and supervise the deployment of VC gears across HQ and Field offices, and ensure they are being monitored properly via in-house monitoring tools.
- Capacity planning, inventory, and budgeting of required equipment.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Engineering, or other related fields. Preferably with advanced training and/or relevant certifications.
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in SIP/H.323, online conferencing solutions (e.g., MS Teams, Zoom, Webex, Polycom), Board conferencing solution, Digital Name Tags, and integration between them.
- Has the ability to lead and manage a team of individuals responsible for the engineering, operation, and maintenance of systems.
- Possesses analytical thinking for solving issues and takes engineering approach to solutions.
- Has a sound balance of business acumen and strong technical expertise in the areas of online event solutions and audio/video production.
- Ability to coordinate and put together necessary resources and tools for the technical/online components of the event
- Ability to create statement of work and evaluate vendor proposals
- Comprehensive troubleshooting knowledge and skills on audio/video conferencing, A/V systems, and Board room solutions.
- Good working knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Outlook Calendar and Mail, and room-based videoconferencing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required
- ITIL certifications a plus.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for NS1/2.
General ConsiderationsThe selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.