Title: Associate Digital Marketing Officer
Vacancy No: CPH/VN/2022/055
Duty Station: Copenhagen, Denmark
Contract Type: UNOPS Local Individual Contractor Agreement, LICA-9
Duration of Contract: 6 months (with a possibility of extension)
Application Closing date: 28 November 2022, Midnight CET
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, protects people forced to flee their homes because of conflict and persecution. We work in over 130 countries, protecting millions of people by responding with life-saving support, safeguarding fundamental human rights and helping them build a better future.
This role will operate within the Supporter Engagement Section (SES), which sits in the Private Sector Partnerships Service (PSP)
The digital marketing, data and analysis (DMDA) team advises on, creates and delivers digital solutions and marketing expertise for engaging with UNHCR’s primary audiences including donors, supporters, partners, governments, refugees and staff.
Purpose and Scope of Assignment
The Associate Administrative Officer is responsible for supporting the Office/Bureau in the implementation of general administrative and resource management tasks. S/he will work quite independently on regular assignments with an oversight from the supervisor, who will provide general guidance and work plans for identifying work priorities and appropriate approaches; work is controlled for meeting expected results.
The Associate Digital Marketing Officer will deliver inbound marketing services, including front-line donor and supporter care to all individual donors and supporters in the global digital hub. He/she will also support the implementation of a donor/supporter relations program (email/SMS) aiming to engage existing supporters and grow our revenue base. He/she will report to the Digital Marketing Automation officer and will act as the HQ digital focal point for donor/supporter engagement and provides support to the wider SES team and also across PSP markets and other UNHCR functions. The role will put in place workflows for dealing with enquiries from all other sources that originate through Unhcr.org and other institutional digital entry points. This will include developing routing, knowledge bases, and AI for response and case management reporting. The Associate Digital Marketing Officer is expected to work closely with the Digital Marketing Team (DES), Salesforce database team, and the wider PSP fundraising network as required. The incumbent will lead on best practices when it comes to digital donor care and serve as a focal point for PSP markets on digital donor care and related topics (e.g. email copywriting for donor care).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Digital Marketing and Data Analysis team (DMDA) to create, plan and execute effective inbound marketing strategies including prompt and efficient follow-ups to donor enquiries and donor retention mechanisms
- Actively brainstorm and propose new ideas for inbound marketing campaigns and technologies to improve the efficiency of the wider PSP teams.
- Support the emergencies team and the content production teams in producing various digital fundraising marketing materials for donor development and care including blogs, newsletters, social media content and more.
- Work with the web content team to ensure the website is optimized for search (SEO), and there’s a clear and obvious path for donors to move through the conversion funnel including making recommendations for A/B tests.
- Measure and analyze the effectiveness of different campaigns against agreed key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Understand and use digital analytics and data to improve the different communication strategies.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the industry’s best practices, strategies, and offerings around inbound marketing.
Supporter and Enquiry Management
- Effectively respond to enquiries, requests for information and complaints received via the appropriate channel (email, web, social, Salesforce Case management tool, and HelpScout), taking ownership and oversight of these enquiries and seeing them through to successful resolution for the International English Hub and/or collaboration with the wider PSP markets when it is needed.
- Managing all donor responses in accordance to agreed service levels for responses which will in turn improve overall donor/supporter engagement. Responsible for all donation, supporter and donor queries, including donor payments for the PSP International Hub (upgrades, downgrades, cancellations and refunds).
- To develop automation routines for routing enquiries to Divisions and Teams, for all other enquiries received through UNHCR websites including those from partners, persons of concern (POCs), and other key stakeholders.
- Support community management of Paid social media ads (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, among others) for the International English Hub and lead the sharing of best practices in this area with PSP offices.
- To maintain and keep updated FAQ, “Contact Us” pages / touchpoints with UNHCR and to report on key KPIs. Keep these pages updated and relevant to the supporter.
- Supporting internal teams and PSP markets to monitor and report on turnaround time for all enquiries using native dashboards in Salesforce and PowerBI when appropriate.
- Lead the implementation of supporter care best practices across UNHCR in line with the organization’s strategic priority of improved donor retention and supporter experience.
- Ensuring supporter feedback (including surveys, lead scoring, sentiment/pulse etc) is captured in a robust and structured way so that it can be fed back to the business as insight-led recommendations that drive business change.
- Create and update robust supporter care-related policies and procedures and advocate best practices across the organization.
Retention and Supporter Engagement for International Hub and coordination and sharing of best practices across markets:
- Ensure supporter experience is central to planning in fundraising by early engagement on product and campaign development and continual championing of the importance of this in successful fundraising activity.
- Support the strategy and execution of the International Donor/Supporter Engagement and Retention Programmes, managing the content calendar, to deliver excellent content for acquisition and retention purposes.
- Provide reports and data analysis on International Donor/Supporter Engagement and Retention Programmes results to enhance fundraising performance.
- Maximize customer retention through delivery of excellent, appropriate and timely engagement.
- Work with the rest of the Digital Marketing and Data Analysis Team to develop innovative products and ideas that will engage donors/supporters and new audiences.
Data management and data protection
- Manage data effectively to ensure that we are maximizing opportunities for data capture, while ensuring our fundraising is compliant with best practice and UNHCR’s data protection policy though the different inbound channels.
- Maintain and develop best practices and provide training and procedures in database management including compliance with GDPR, and other global legal bodies.
- Developing and implementing a consistent Fundraising Complaints policy and procedure.
- Ensuring best practice data retention, data deletion, data transfer, deduplication of data, consent policy are followed through
- Supporting the development of data retention and data cleanliness policies for fundraising purposes.
- Manage the import and export of data from our donation and other web / fundraising systems.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of data through routine data cleansing and hygiene tasks.
- Support internal teams by providing appropriate information and reports from the database for fundraising activities, communications and financial reconciliations
3. Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Provide capacity building and training for inbound marketing and donor care across the organization.
- Provide capacity building and training for the content best practice across the organization.
- Provide capacity building and training for the data protection best practice across the organization.
- Manage and maintain the PSP International hub content calendar.
- Manage the International hub donor care inbox and answer all queries within a maximum of 7 days.
- Improve the FAQs, “Contact Us”, and “Refund Policies” pages.
- Report and analyze data on International Donor/Supporter Engagement and Retention Programmes results.
- Maintain the data protection risk registry log.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
3 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 2 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 1 year relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Preferable degree in Digital Marketing, Marketing, Advertising, Computer Science, Mass Communications, or related fields of study.
Relevant Job Experience
- Relevant work experience in international organization, NGO, or a large company with previous job experience in fundraising or related position.
- Work experience within a supporter care/customer service or fundraising environment.
- Experience in digital donor care and retention;
- Experienced in digital marketing activities and the use of digital tools for donor development (e.g. CRM, email marketing platforms etc)
- Experience in using email/SMS marketing automation communication tools.
- Experience in email marketing and email best practices
- Working knowledge and understanding of international data protection legislation and best practice
- Working knowledge of CRM systems and data management
- Working Knowledge with Salesforce CRM (desirable).
Essential Technical and Cross-Functional competencies
- Excellent digital supporter service skills.
- Excellent knowledge of enquiry management systems including routing, and self-service functions.
- Excellent knowledge base and automated services such as bots and logic-driven FAQs.
- Excellent computer skills with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Quick learner who is self-motivated, has a positive approach and is eager to grow their capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain effective working relationships with people in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Very strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Very good project management skills. Knowledge in SmartSheet would be preferable.
- Highly developed problem-solving and analytical skills.
- A flexible and outgoing team player with a service-oriented attitude.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, organizational and multitasking skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal) in English.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
- Working knowledge of French or other UN languages is an asset.
Eligibility, Location and Conditions
The successful candidate will be based in Copenhagen, Denmark initially up to June 2023, with the possibility of extension pending performance and budget availability. It is a full-time role starting from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday (40 hours per week).
UNOPS Local ICAs are recruited in the country or within commuting distance of each office, irrespective of their nationality and of the length of time they may have been in the country.
Recruitment as a UNHCR staff member and engagement under a UNHCR affiliate scheme or as an intern is subject to proof of vaccination against Covid-19.
Shortlisted candidates might be required to sit for a written test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination, and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit their application through www.unhcr.org/careers.html click on vacancies and search for JR2203957.
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
For any technical problems encountered during the online application, please contact the
Global Service Desk at HQUSSD@unhcr.org by allowing sufficient time for the resolution of the issue. For any other queries, please contact email@example.com.