Agreement Letter Assistant
Job advertisement : Apr 28/2023
Publication cancellation date : May 12, 2023, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FLARG
Job type : Temporary work
Requirement Type: NPP ( National Project Personnel )
Grade Level: N / A
Main location : Argentina Buenos Aires
Duration: 3 evidentiary months with the possibility of annual extension
Position Number: N / A
FAO seeks to ensure gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and its international consultants, in order to serve the Member States of the Organization in the best possible way in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of sex, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of under-represented or under-represented Member States and persons with disabilities with the necessary qualifications are encouraged to submit their applications.
- All persons working for FAO must comply with the highest standards of professional integrity and conduct and uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, applies a zero tolerance policy for conduct incompatible with its statute, objectives and mandate, in particular sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
As a result of the efforts made in recent years in terms of implementing measures, policies and actions to reduce emissions caused by deforestation, the Argentine Republic through the Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development of the Nation ( MayDS ) has requested based on results ( PPR ) to the Pilot Program for payments for results of REDD + of the Fund Green for Climate ( FVC ). The financing proposal “ Payments for REDD results + from Argentina for the 2014-2016 results period ” ( GCP / ARG / 029 / GCF ), hereinafter “ the project ”, prepared with the support of FAO as an accredited entity ( EA ) before the FVC, it was approved by Board 27 of the FVC, in November 2020.
The project seeks to address the direct causes of deforestation ( such as unsustainable livestock management and forest fires ), and specifically the underlying causes of deforestation and degradation, through strengthening economic and social opportunities ( and diversification of livelihoods ), strengthening control and surveillance capacities, and strengthening forest governance in general.
The owner must work in the Operations area of the FAO Office Argentina in coordination with the Project Management Unit ( UGP ) in the country, according to the guidelines established in the project document ( Section C.2.5 of the Financing Proposal approved by the FVC ), the results framework and the Project Implementation Manual.
The incumbent will carry out tasks under the general supervision of the FAO Representative in Argentina, the National Operations Coordinator and the National Administration Coordinator; will work in the Operations area of the FAO Representation in Argentina, providing support to the office and projects.
Field of specialization
The holder will be in charge of the quality control process of the Letters of Agreement and will provide assistance, support, administrative and financial monitoring in their related processes; plus, assist the Office’s procurement specialist in coordinating procurement of Office projects.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Act as Focal Point of Letters of Agreement ( MS 507 ) in the Representation;
- Carry out the quality control of the Letters of Agreement and Amendments ensuring that they are technically complete and in accordance with the standards and procedures established by FAO ( which includes the Letter of Agreement, Annexes, File Note, Quality Control, Circulation Sheet, Legal Documents of Service Providers and other necessary documentation );
- Maintain a database to follow up on established Letter of Agreement and payments made.
- In coordination with the Program Area, accompany the preparation of the initial project Letter of Agreement plan assigned to the Representation;
- Define and suggest recruitment strategies through Letters of Agreement;
- Examine the selection process, including, as appropriate, the adequacy of the justification for Direct Selection, or provide support and advice to a competitive Selection process;
- Present the complete documentation for the examination by the review committee;
- Provide guidance on the financial parameters to be followed at the time of budget execution of the Letters of Agreement;
- Generate alerts to mitigate potential risks for a good execution of the Letter of Agreements;
- Support FAO professionals on contractual instrument, procedures, execution of financial reports and closing of Letters of Agreement;
- Evaluate the suitability of the information provided by the Responsible Officers and the justifications provided with respect to the exceptions to the existing regulations on Letters of Agreement;
- Review of budgets and financial renditions of Letters of Agreement;
- In coordination with the Program Areas, support decision-making on amendments in Letters of Agreement;
- Act as a Focal Point for the interaction of the Representation with the Headquarters Agreement Letters Unit ( CSLP-MS507 ), for the approval of Letters of Agreement that exceed the delegation of authority of the Representation and any consultation related to the Letters of Agreement;
- Support in decision-making on processes of closing Letters of Agreement, which present developments compared to what is programmed and agreed by the parties;
- Documentary process management of MS507 formats throughout the Agreement Letter Cycle ( formulation, payments, formalization of amendments, closing and monitoring of Letters of Agreement ); will be responsible for putting together the records, update and ensure that information is kept protected
- Any other activity that is required within the scope of the MS507.
- Assist the person responsible for acquisitions, contracts and logistics in their tasks.
- Review and analyze procurement requests to verify that they are complete and in accordance with established FAO standards, procedures and practices, and establish contact with applicants when necessary.
- Develop and manage suppliers. Carry out market research, manage requests for expressions of interest and requests for information.
- Manage bid evaluations: network and assist applicants for technical evaluations and financial evaluations.
- Carry out the publication of bidding results and notification to suppliers. Manage claims.
- Maintain records of purchasing actions in an orderly manner, prepare a receipt record.
- Assist the procurement manager in operational functions related to the procurement process, including, but not limited to, preparing documents in the FAO Enterprise Resource Planning System ( ERP ) and other office applications related to assigned procurement actions, the issuance of tenders and purchase orders, the evaluation of offers, the monitoring of suppliers, including the monitoring of orders to guarantee timely delivery, etc.
- Monitor, supervise, control and guide the management of the acquisition activities of the administrative personnel of projects.
- Carry out any other operational and / or administrative work assigned to it.
THE CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUED IN ARRANGE TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- University degree in Administration, Accounting, Lawyers, Economics or related areas
- 3 years of relevant professional experience in office management, administration, accounting, budget or finance, analysis and monitoring of contracts, legal documents; basic knowledge of purchasing and contracting processes
- Practical knowledge of Spanish ( level C ) and intermediate knowledge of English ( level B )
- National of Argentina
FAO core competencies
- Results-based approach
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge exchange and continuous improvement
Technical / functional skills
- Work experience in more than one place or workplace
- Experience in task tracking and process ordering
- Extent and relevance of experience in standard office software ( MS Office 365, and others )
- Extent and relevance of experience in accounting and other information systems, databases, monitoring, analyzing and editing results in an appropriate format
- Skills to establish fluid working relationships with representatives of government institutions and NGOs.
- Desirable experience in international cooperation agencies
- Desirable to have been part of management control teams
- FAO does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process ( application, interview, processing ).
- Incomplete applications will not be taken into account. If you need help or have questions, contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the expiration of the application deadline will not be accepted.
- We inform you that FAO will only consider academic degrees or credentials obtained from a teaching institution included in the World Database on Higher Education, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities ( IAU ) / UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For any other questions visit the FAO website on employment: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/es/ .
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all and integrity and transparency.
PRESENTATION OF REQUESTMENTS
- If you want to apply, go to the FAO Recruitment Website ( Employment in FAO ) and complete your online profile.
- Incomplete applications will not be taken into account. Only applications received through the contracting portal will be considered.
- We advise candidates to submit their application sufficiently in advance of the expiration of the term.
- If you need help, contact: Careers@fao.org.