Mangrove & Partners is focused on supporting state and development agencies to strengthen institutions and build the capacities, systems, and partnerships for improved services.
- Experience 1 year
- Location Abuja
- Salary Range ₦100,000 – ₦150,000
Have you seen anyone defecating in the open before? Do you depend on ‘Mai Ruwa’ for your water supply? Do you know over 48 million Nigerians have no decent toilet? And only two of three Nigerians have access to a protected drinking water point? In fact, less than 10% of Nigerians have access to a piped water service and less than 5% have their fecal waste safely managed.
Does this bother you? Would you like to do something about this?
If you’re motivated by the desire to make a contribution to Nigeria’s effort to eliminate open defecation by 2025, provide sanitation facilities, improve access to drinking water for every Nigerian, everywhere by 2030, and you’re young and vibrant, and crazy about social media, communications and campaigns, then this is your chance to join a new firm set up to support donors and strengthen public WASH institutions to provide the transformational environment and operations able to birth and sustain viable utility operations and services.
Our current advocacy and communication assistant is away on study leave. We need a cover for her over the next one year.
- Social media and website management;
- Develop creative and engaging social media strategies;
- Advocacy and communication program coordination and business prospecting;
- Events, media and publicity coordination;
- Learning and knowledge management; and
- Writing and Editorial support.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Passion for creative writing;
- Young and vibrant personality;
- Self-starter and takes initiative;
- Organized and detail oriented; and
- Discreet and with a high sense of value.
Must have skills:
- Very strong oral and written communication skills including writing proposals and reports;
- Graphic design skills and ability to use technology to complete tasks (Google tools, webinar management, social media platforms, etc.);
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- A flexible, adaptable and professional approach to work; and
- A qualification in communication at a Second-Class Upper grade or post graduate level will be an advantage.
1. Write and submit a 2-pager on the topic: “Can we truly foster transparency and accountability without improving social media penetration in Nigeria?”;
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.