Optimal Greening Foundation (OGF) is a non-profit organization (NGO) committed to delivering environmental sustainability solutions to rural and marginalized communities in Nigeria and Africa. OGF is the non-profit arm of Optimal Greening, a Nigerian based, and African focused provider of environmental sustainability services committed to transforming the energy, waste, and water industries across the public and private sectors.
We are dedicated to raising the consciousness of individuals and organizations on the impacts of climate change and the need for environmental sustainability. We advocate for renewable options to protect the environment, reduce reliance on coal, oil and gas, and mitigate resource depletion. Water Ease for Development Alliance (WEDA) is OGF’s premier initiative and focuses on Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) via sustainable solutions for rural and disadvantaged communities for economic empowerment. OGF aims to scale this initiative to effectively address the adverse environmental, health and social issues associated with lack of access to clean water, to help alleviate poverty in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
Location: Lagos (Remote)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Founder & CEO
Purpose of Role
- To coordinate all administrative related activities across the organization including support for the Founder & CEO as well as project management teams.
- As a startup organization, the ideal candidate for this role is one who is comfortable taking initiative to meet the dynamic pace of operations within the organization. Key tasks and activities include:
- Oversee daily administrative tasks including managing calendars, scheduling meetings and logistics coordination.
- Work closely with project and management teams to support the strategic goals and objectives of the organization, including projects and events.
- Tracking and regular reporting (internally and externally to grant donor) of finances as it relates to budget, project costs and administrative expenses.
- Participate in the development and execution of fundraising campaigns, through external communication using the organizations established platforms.
- Provide regular updates to external stakeholders through monthly newsletters and updates on social medial handles.
- Desk research and reporting on funding opportunities through grants and corporate donors aligned to the organizations vision, mission and strategy.
- Collating of data related to monitoring and evaluation of ongoing and completed projects in line with predefined measurements and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Lead the development of communications strategy and manage social media outlets to ensure strong brand recognition (and affinity) locally and internationally.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Social Sciences (including business administration).
- Strong preference for candidate with relevant communications background and experiences.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and prior experience working in civil society organizations, experience with startup NGO’s is preferred.
- Strong planning and coordination skills; self-motivation to follow through on activities and initiatives with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills to effectively manage internal and external messaging as well deliver clear and concise messaging via social media.
- Exposure to and interest in climate change and social impact.
- Must have a laptop with access to stable internet connection given the remote nature of the role.
Application Closing Date
21st November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Curriculum vitae without cover letter will not be considered.