The Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis (TB) and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant, TB-LON 3 Project
Reports to: State Lead, Regional Senior Admin Officer
- The TB-LON 3 Project is a USAID-funded Award that is a revolutionary program working with communities, facilities and relevant State and National structures to improve access to TB case finding, diagnosis, treatment and notification in Lagos, Ogun, Osun and Oyo States; as well as increase domestic financing for TB and strengthen surveillance and integrated reporting across four result areas:
- Improved access to high-quality, person-centred TB treatment, DR-TB, and TB/HIV services for a cumulative number of at least 106,576 persons for the life of the activity
- Strengthened systems and structures for TB detection, treatment and notification with TB service delivery platforms strengthened
- TB disease transmission and progression reduced
- TB research and innovation accelerated with improved impact on program implementation.
- The TB-LON 3 Project is implemented by a consortium with IHVN as the Prime Recipient, Society for Family Health as the Sub-Recipient and other Implementing Entities.
- The Administrative Assistant will work under the guidance and supervision of the State Lead and Regional Senior Administrative Officer, to provide administrative and logistics support services to the program implementation team and operations of the general office management of USAID Nigeria TB-LON 3 Grant.
- Provide administrative and secretarial support services for the implementation of the Project;
- Assist with effective management of day to day operations of the office;
- Support coordinating internal and external meetings, trainings, venues, logistics, provision of materials and refreshments particularly during multiple meetings;
- Logistics support to staff/visitors including liaising with program management unit on team itineraries, appointments according to schedules developed by department members;
- Make travel arrangements as requested by program staff and facilitate retirement of trips by staff
- Support staff meetings, set up of conference rooms and meeting rooms, ordering and setting up audio-visual equipment and agendas, take minutes of meetings and write reports as requested, file records of meetings and circulate minutes;
- Assist with production of presentation materials for staff members;
- Make needed arrangement for services for telephone and e-mail, obtaining quotations for required services, arranging for repairs of office equipment;
- Documentation and archiving of program documents including collation and filing of quarterly, monthly and weekly work plans and reports;
- Conduct weekly and monthly supervision of office motor vehicles, as well as the drivers with daily vehicle check list;
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Regional Administrative Officer.
- HND / B.Sc in Business Administration or any of the Social Sciences or Arts disciplines; membership or certification in recognized professional bodies will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years post-qualification hands-on experience in a similar role; experience working in an International NGO or Grants operational environment is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Applicants should be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Proficiency in the use of computer application (Knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel is required)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers, photocopier, computers etc
- Fluency in written and oral communication
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance.
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to identify and develop relevant areas of work.
Application Closing Date
28th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “The Deputy Director, Human Resources” via: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.