Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE), a women-led, faith-based non-governmental organization (NGO), is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrations Associate
Employment Type: Contract
The organization’s core ideologies are: We believe that:
- The change the world wants to see may be hidden in the life and destiny of an OVC.
- One child who is an orphan or vulnerable child could be the one that has the destiny to positively change a Nation such as Nigeria.
- We can be used by God to significantly contribute to improving the lives of millions of widows, orphans, vulnerable children & other vulnerable populations in Nigeria & Africa.
- We need to be the best and continually strive to beat our yesterday’s performance.
- In this Nation Nigeria, we have highly skilled Nigerian professionals that can come together to show forth our spirit of excellence and ingenuity.
- We want to be the most financially clean and compliant local NGO in Nigeria and Africa.
- We want to prove to the world that not all Nigerian NGOs are corrupt, and we want to be an example (An Ambassador) of a credible NGO in Nigeria and Africa.
- We wish to recruit a talented and God-fearing Administration Associate who believes in local organizations, that not all Nigerians are corrupt but instead believes in the ingenuity of the Nigerian and that the best of the Nigerians can be better than the rest.
- Someone who shares these ideologies and who sees helping vulnerable populations such as widows and OVC as a calling from Almighty God.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- S/he will be responsible for proper inventory management of office supplies, equipment, and facilities.
- S/he will collaborate with Hotel management and other vendors in the reservation of accommodation and provision of all required services at meetings and training.
- S/he will be responsible for immediate repairs of faulty equipment, furniture, and appliances to avert further degeneration and ensure that they reach their expected life span or are replaced if required.
- S/he will maintain and support office operations and administration in Abuja and state office in an efficient manner
- S/he will coordinate and collaborate with the project drivers, security, and cleaner to ensure that the standards of an enabling working environment are provided and maintained for staff to enable them to discharge their duties.
- S/he will support in market surveys, collection of quotes, and preparation of Quote Analysis/Justification, purchases, follow-up on vendors for collection of receipts and invoices from vendors on all transactions.
- S/he will be responsible for monitoring the shipment, and production, and ensuring that the data remains maintained and updated in the system
- S/he will assists in the preparation of all the inventory-related reports, answers all the routine queries, and provide the much-needed support for the operations, logistics, accounting, and other teams
- S/he will review all the shipment documents and verifies the details to make sure that they are complete and accurate.
- S/he will review the shipment transactions and ensures that the receipts are posted in a timely manner and is accountable for reconciliation activities so that the inventory records are validated and are actively involved in the resolution of issues.
- S/he will take daily inventory of the assigned supply, requisitions, and restock supplies.
- S/he will rotate the stock and ensure that the stored area is clean and maintained up to date by the regulatory requirements.
- S/he will monitor the usage of the stock, create reports related to the utilization
- S/he will verify the accuracy of receipts, transfers, etc., by conducting detailed audits of the product inventory regularly and constantly monitoring the movement of the inventory, and identify if any shortages are seen when compared with the physical inventory data.
- S/he will be accountable for packing and stocking the shelves.
- S/he will manage the shipments, monitor the damaged products, record all incoming materials, schedule meetings, and book conference rooms.
- Confirming and retagging of WEWE asset.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or Higher ND Degree in any Social or Management Science or a relevant field.
- Must have a Second class upper or First class or Upper Credit or Distinction
- At least two (2) years of experience in managing similar responsibilities.
- Experience working on USAID funded or International Donor funded projects
- Evidence of computer skills; office management software like MS Office, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Fluency in both written and oral English.
- The successful candidate will be based in Abuja.
Application Closing Date
5th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applicant’s Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter should be in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the position.
- Please indicate the title of the position applied for in the subject line of the email. Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional references. Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
- Application form can only be assessed on WEWE official website, Terms and Conditions apply .