Job Posting Information
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 4 million people assisted in 2018. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out a five- year Country Strategic Plan (2019 – 2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
To support effective delivery and maintenance of client-focused, value-for-money oriented quality administrative practices.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The Adminstration Assistant (Protocol) will report to the Head of Office in the area and will be responsible for the following;
1.Support processing and managing routing administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Take responsibility for maintaining set standard system and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
- Acts as the HR/Time management focal person for administration, monitoring of attendance, leave application and keeping HR records for FT staff paces and SC evaluation.
- Responsible for GLU Stationary.
- . Responsible for the updating and maintaining the Protocol Tracking system for GLU.
- Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of document and preparing reports by other staff.
- Work with a variety of individuals, talking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
- Alternate with other GLU staff as required by the Head of GLU.
- Acts as the Focal Point for booking the conference /meeting rooms and arrange for GLU meeting and talking minutes.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with government counterparts to follow up on the issuance of entry visas and travel permits
- Assist in the preparation of NVs for the issuance of visas, stay permits, travel notifications and exist visas for WFP personnel.
- Support Government Liaison Unit with the Protocol/Customs related assignments in different Government Offices
- Perform other duties as directed by the Supervisor.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Experience: At least 5 years of relevant experience, preferably part of it acquired in the work related to Protocol. A first-level university degree in combination with three additional years of qualifying relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the 5 years of work experience
Language: General Service (Field): Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN
language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has demonstrated an ability to perform all routine administrative activities in line with WFPs operating standards through day to day work
- Has supported in providing ad-hoc guidance to new staff member
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods needed to complete processes
- under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
- In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMAN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY:
- We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women. WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc. In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive) 2
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- This position is open ONLY for Sudanese nationals or individuals authorized to work in Sudan according to Sudanese Regulations.
- WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment process
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/ADIS status.
- Please indicate in your cover letter the duty station(s) you prefer to be deployed should you be a successful candidate.
CLICK TO APPLY