- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position: CTG is an award winning private sector company that enables humanitarian & development projects in conflict zones. As a people solutions business, we recruit, deploy & manage the right people with the right skills to implement projects in the world’s toughest regions. We are seeking to hire a qualified Accountants to support our Regional Accounting (RA) team. The ideal candidate will be:
- Highly experienced in areas such as payroll, invoicing, taxes, local audit & processing annual returns & management of purchase order systems.
- Client facing to assist with debt collection, local banking & other financial relationships.
- Raising financial quotations for clients.
- Preparing client Purchase Orders (PO) – Call Off Orders (COO).
- Cashbook management & PO’s.
- Reviewing monthly bank statements.
- Posting cashbook to Sage accounting system.
- Assisting with payroll preparation.
- Raising schedules for pension remittances, national housing fund remittances, health care remittances, etc.
- Other financial & accounting related objectives to be determined.
- Generate timely & accurate invoices for clients, either system generated or manually as required.
- Ensure all invoices are recorded correctly in Sage.
- Reconciliation of invoices against payroll & COOs.
- Manage receipt of local supplier invoices, checking against POs, upload to Sage & issue client reimbursable invoice as required.
- Ensure timely payment of invoices by client.
- Support Credit Controller with chasing clients for unpaid invoices.
- Resolve any queries / issues with invoices to ensure swift payment.
- Direct reporting to Credit Controller.
- Oversee timesheets timely receipts with local AM’s.
- Ensure procedures & timelines are met.
- Prepare payroll system generated or manually as required as per policy.
- Reconcile payroll with Sage, COOs, contracts of employment & local tax laws.
- Direct reporting to Finance Project & Payroll Manager.
- Production & issuance of payslips.
- Calculation of Personal Income Tax (PIT) & Social Security (SS) & any other applicable local salary withholding taxes.
- Responsible for timely payment of PIT, SS & other withholding taxes to local tax departments / authorities.
- Complete annual tax returns, payment of corporate & other business taxes & other local filings.
- Manage any local audits for taxation & other jurisdictional requirements.
- Responsible for timely payment of all taxes to governing bodies.
- Posting of tax payments to Sage.
- Work with our legal team to ensure CTG adheres to local tax laws, responsible for keeping CTG in good standing & up to date with local tax laws.
- Represent CTG at local governing bodies (including ministry & tax departments).
- Manage local bank account(s) where applicable.
- Management accounting.
- Manage local budgets & actuals variance analysis for Regional Director.
- Prepare brief monthly report to summarise performance & highlight any areas of concern.
- Prepare savings schemes and analytical support on OPEX expenditure to enable local decision making.
- Provide visibility on financial business positioning to ensure effective regional management.
- Prepare local management accounts & work with local auditors as required.
- Project reporting.
- This role reports to the Regioanl Accountant.
Required experience / qualifications:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting (required).
- Certification in ACCA, CPA or equivalent (required).
- Minimum 5 years sector experience in a finance & accounting role (required).
- Experience with an accounting software system such as SAGE (highly desirable).
- Minimum 5 years West Africa experience (required).
- Desirable to have experience in govt. departments.
- Extensive experience in working with Sage, SAP, Oracle or similar accounting system.
- Desirable to have experience in generating management accounts & profit / loss financial statements.
- Good knowledge of local tax laws in multiple West African countries.
- Fluent in English & French.
- Geographical experience in any of the countries listed is an advantage Nigeria, Mali, Niger, Ghana & Bukina Faso.
- Self starter.
- Ethical, trustworthy & confidential.
- Time management.
- Team player & good relationship builder.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Resilient & positive.
- This role has no team management responisbiity.
- Applicants must include 3 work related references, preferably supervisors.
- Applicants must upload a copy of their latest resume on their candidate profile on CTG’s Tayo system.
- Applicant must include all educational certificates, degrees & relevant documentation for verification.
- Applicant must be fully fluent in French & English.
- Aptitude tests will be conducted.
- Applicant must have advanced capabilities in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Qualified females are strongly encouraged to apply.